So for 2012, what are the best children’s toys? For those of you who don’t know, I also write as the Toys Guide at About.com. Aside from here on ToyQueen.com where these days I try to highlight unique experiences and products that have been fun, exciting and developmentally stimulating to my family and the children I work with, at About.com I write about all things toy related and have a much broader focus and wider net to cast.
Given that the bulk of my writing has been for that site lately, I figured I share those links here as well. I can’t ever seem to put the OT or parent in me aside, so toys that are cost-effective, can provide entertainment value and are durable enough to be passed from one sibling to another, are always criteria I keep in mind when selecting items for each list.
- Best Toys for Kids – This list houses all of the links below, and even more lists that feature toys based on interest and age, please share it, pin it, and bookmark it, it’s a great resource.
- Most Popular Toys – Looking for the LeapPad, Doc McStuffins toys, American Girl Dolls? This list has all my picks for the most popular toys for kids ages 5 and up
- LeapPad or InnoTab? – Many parents are trying to decide between the LeapFrog LeapPad or the VTech InnoTab, this includes reviews and links to help make a choice perfect for your child’s developmental and interest level
- Best Infant Toys – toys for kids newborn to 1 year
- Toddler Toys– toys for Kids 1-3
- Preschool Toys– toys for Kids 3-4
- Toys for Tweens– toys and gifts for kids ages 8 and up
- Tablet Toys– android tablets and learning devices made especially for kids
- Family Games– board games, iPad games, collectible toy games and games inspired popular apps
- Toys Under $10– best toys that are fun, but inexpensive
- Dolls– baby dolls, American Girl dolls, and fashion dolls like LaDeeDa, Winx Club, and Barbie
- Ride-On Toys, Scooters & Bikes– outdoor play ideas for kids of all ages
- Teenager Toys– don’t want to buy another gift card these are games and activities that teens will love
Many of the toys included in these lists were provided by the manufacturers for free to facilitate my reviews. Any opinions included are my own.