I am participating in the MEGA Ambassador program. Each month I will share some exciting new products! This is a paid, sponsored post highlighting Mega Bloks toys and party games for an animal birthday party, any opinions shared are my own.
As I was driving my son to school this week, all of a sudden he paused mid-sentence to ask me a question.
“Wait, Mom, what is the date? Is it October yet?”
Me: “No pal, you’ve got two more days to wait.”
I quickly glanced into my rearview mirror and saw a huge grin on his face. He did not have to say a word, I knew he just realized his birthday would be here in a few weeks.
And then I had a silent panic attack. Calculating dates in my head, I figured out I have less than three weeks to coordinate how to celebrate it!
Some of the most important details of a kid’s birthday party include choosing a theme that is representative of their interests and finding ways to entertain them with games and activities. And since birthday parties can quickly get expensive, I like to use toys as props for games and activities to eliminate the need to buy smaller items that will ultimately be thrown away.
Many children love animals, and animal birthday parties are popular at any age. These new Mega Bloks® toys are great items to consider. Even if you are not throwing an animal party, do not be afraid to use your creativity to design fun games and activities that will create a unique party.
Toddler and Preschool Animal Themed Party?
Organizing a party for toddlers and preschoolers? Mega Bloks® are a classic, perfect for this age group.
The Mega Bloks® Elephant Parade includes colorful blocks that young children can stack to make four different animals. The toy includes a storage tub (which doubles as a stacking surface) and an attached string that turns the elephant into a fun pull toy.
Elephant Parade Color Matching Competition
Here’s how to use the Mega Bloks® Elephant Parade toy as a fun party game:
- Here’s how to use the Mega Bloks® Elephant Parade toy as a fun party game:Gather four children and position them in a line, next to each other, with a little space in between. Give each child one block to hold. Each child will hold a different color: purple, yellow, green or red. Each color corresponds to a different animal. The hippo is purple, the monkey is red, the toucan is green and the giraffe is yellow. Pair kids up with an adult if needed to help them.
- Scatter the other blocks in a small, defined area in front of the children in line
- When you say Go, the child needs to gather all the blocks in the pile that are the same as the color they were given. Then, they will stack the blocks in order to make an animal.
- Position the tumbler, with the colored building plate, several feet away.
- In order to win, be the first team to put together your animal, run to the building plate, and place it on the correct color!
- When finished, all of the pieces can be stored inside the included tub for easy clean up.
- Aside from using this toy as a fun birthday party game, kids will love spending time improving their hand-eye coordination while stacking the blocks. Young children will love pulling the elephant and the animals around the playroom or yard. Parents will love that the tub fits back inside the frame for easy cleanup. Buy the Mega Bloks® Elephant Parade online at Toys “R” Us.
Animal Themed Party for Older Kids and Tweens?
Animal Themed Party for Older Kids and TweensPlanning an animal themed party for older tweens, or kids ages 8-12? Try out this animal alphabet challenge party game! The inspiration for this game came from the Mega Construx™ set, Lea’s 2-in-1 Rainforest Sanctuary Set. This set is a 2-in-1 build, meaning the instructions include the choice of building a two story sanctuary or an animal rescue shelter. There are nine pets in the set including a rescue buggyand popular American Girl characters Lea and Camilla.
American Girl Alphabet Challenge
- A few days before the party, build the set and place it on a table. Inside the set, hide the nine different animals that are included in the build, then use the included accessories to decorate the set. Most kids who love to build with construction toys will probably not have any complaints helping to get this job done ahead of time!
- Give each player a piece of paper, with 26 different lines, 1 line corresponding to each letter of the alphabet. Find some cool pens, markers or pencils to choose from.
- At the party, give each player a piece of paper, with 26 different lines, each line corresponding to a letter of the alphabet. Find some cool pens, markers or pencils to choose from. The challenge is to look at the playhouse and write down as many words and items as possible in a certain timeframe. Each letter of the alphabet corresponds to an item in the set. For example, C: Camilla, H: hammock, L: Leah, P: Pineapple, R: Rainforest, S: sloth, T: telescope.
- The winner is the person who finds the most items in the designated timeframe. Bonus points can be provided for each animal identified.
- Play for bragging rights or special prizes and do not be afraid to get silly with the design inside the house!
- You can also use the characters from the set to create a unique birthday cake, too!
- Buy the Mega Construx™ Lea’s 2-in-1 Rainforest Sanctuary Set online at the MEGA™ Shop
Planning a birthday party can be overwhelming, but it’s all in good fun, right? No need to stress over spending money on throw away items. Using great toys to design fun and unique games is a win-win for everyone.
Disclosure: I am participating in the MEGA™ Ambassador program. Each month I will share some exciting new products! This is a paid, sponsored post, any opinions shared are my own.