How To Join the Fight to End Childhood Cancer with Hyundai Hope on Wheels

The following is a paid sponsored post on behalf of Hyundai Hope on Wheels. In Dallas, we joined them in their mission to bring awareness of pediatric cancer, with the ultimate goal being to end childhood cancer. Any opinions shared are my own.

Meet Hyundai Hope on Wheels

Since 1998, Hyundai Hope on Wheels has been committed to the fight to end childhood cancer. Hyundai Hope on Wheels raises money by donating a portion of the sale of any Hyundai vehicle sold in the United States to this organization. Hyundai Hope on Wheels also host events and takes individual donations as well. Funding is awarded, in the form of special grants, to hospitals across the nation who are actively searching for cures and treatments.

We had the honor of being a guest of Hyundai Hope on Wheels during September, which is pediatric cancer awareness month, while they awarded their grants at the Celebration of Life Dinner in Dallas!

Recipients included:
Hyundai Scholar Hope Grant ($250,000)
Dr. Christopher Porter, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
Dr. Julie Wolfson, University of Alabama – Birmingham

Hyundai Young Investigator Grant ($150,000)
Dr. Kathryn Dickerson, UT Southwestern Children’s Medical Center Foundation
Dr. Wendy Allen-Rhoades, Texas Children’s Hospital

Hyundai Hope on Wheels donates money to end childhood cancer

Over the past year, Hyundai Hope on Wheels has donated 8.5 million dollars to fund this research. In total by the end of 2017, since 1998, $130 million dollars will have been awarded to groundbreaking research institutes across the country.

1 child every 36 minutes is diagnosed with cancer. While 80% of cancers are treatable, the other 20% that are not, and still need our help and attention.

I know this sounds like a lot of money, but it is still not enough, until there are known treatments and interventions to cure cancer entirely.

What is the Handprint Ceremony

Handprint Ceremony Hyundai Hope on Wheels

During the event, children and doctors took part in the Hyundai Hope on Wheels special handprint ceremony. Handprints are unique, and so is every individual’s story. 

Hyundai Hope on Wheels captures individual handprints, to spread awareness, by placing these handprints on cars that travel across the country.

The Hyundai Hope on Wheels event in Dallas, Texas was hosted by actress Jennifer Freeman. Luke Wade, a singer from NBC’s The Voice provided inspirational acoustic musical performances.

Luke Wade and Jennifer Freeman Host Hyundai Hope on Wheels
Luke Wade and Jennifer Freeman Host Hyundai Hope on Wheels Event in Dallas, Texas

Listen to Luke Wade’s acoustic performance of his song, “Fight For You.”

I have been an occupational therapist for 17 years, working with children and their families who have experienced the unthinkable. I will continue to do what I can to improve a child’s independence and quality of life.

I honestly hope that one day I will be able to say I no longer have a job as an OT, because we have found cures and treatment for all of the diagnoses and diseases that end so many lives prematurely. 

How to Donate to Hyundai Hope on Wheels

If you are unable to donate financially, you can still help to end childhood cancer by sharing a personal experience and leaving a message of support. Hyundai Hope on Wheels will donate a $1 to cancer research on your behalf.

 

Every 36 minutes a child is diagnosed with #cancer. In 1998 @hyundaiusa joined the fight to #EndChildhoodCancer with their @hyundaihopeonwheels initiative by funding research and creating awareness. A donation is made from every new #hyundai sold. Last night we were hosted at the Omni Dallas Park West, witnessing doctors and researchers from Children’s Health UT Southwestern Medical Center as the recipients of the $150,000 Hyundai Scholar Hope Grant. In September alone @hyundaihopeonwheels has donated $8.5 million dollars in grants nationwide. @lukewademusic from @nbcthevoice and @msjenfreeman were also there to provide #pediatriccancerawareness #ad #Handprints are unique. The #handprint ceremony captures #handprints, which are placed on cars that travel the country to build awareness. #cancersucks #cancerfight #research #researchmatters #handprints

A post shared by Keriann Wilmot (@keri_wilmot) on

 

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

The following is a paid sponsored post on behalf of Hyundai Hope on Wheels, any opinions shared are my own.

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

Related posts:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *